1.1.13

Red Building (3)


Part 1 here, part 2 here

_______________


From my window I see a small black creature jumping around in the frost-covered gardens surrounding these buildings. I can tell it’s Linus, my neighbor’s cat. 

Suddenly, I feel jealous. His cat life is simple. He runs after mice, eats his disgusting cat food and loves sleeping with his fat and sweaty owner. I don’t want to disappear anymore; I want to be a cat and live a simple life like Linus.


I’m this young and I already want to turn to dust. Or start my life over as a cat. Damn it! I really need to get some sleep; otherwise I’ll start talking to my lamp.

But I can’t.

I don’t want to sleep and wake up again in this world. I just want to stand here and slowly disappear because I haven’t slept in 200 days. 



“Can one die from not sleeping?” 
 
“Oh, I don’t know”, says my pocket watch.  
 
“I think I’ll try” I reply silently.